We assist service company management teams in improving the performance of their operations, including:
- Project/ Job Profitability: Segmenting and analyzing projects/jobs to establish profitability drivers and identify improvement opportunities
- Staffing Model/ Utilization: Developing staffing model to create leverage and improve labor utilization
- Labor Multiplier/ Pricing: Developing strategic pricing approach as to maximize labor multiplier
- Field Service Operations: Developing strategies and tools to reduce field service visits and optimize routing to minimize “windshield time”
- Branch Network/ Operations: Optimizing branch networks, streamlining organizations and processes, and implementing systems/tools and KPIs/measurement to optimize overhead cost structure and improve operational performance.
Improving Profitability and Revenue Performance at Multi-disciplinary Engineering Services Firm
Conducted a 6-week operations assessment to turn around the company’s margin performance and position it for a successful exit in 2-3 years’ time. Analyzed historical project and employee utilization performance; developed target staffing leverage model; and created target business development model to improve efficiency of business development effort while driving profitable revenue growth. Our detailed assessment gave our client a solid understanding and roadmap of the levers to achieve the target margin performance (5-7% points growth); client requested Gotham to provide ongoing support through quarterly performance audits.Show Details
Dissecting Job Profitability and Redesigning Commission Structure to Improve EBITDA Margins at Professional Staffing Company
Conducted a 4-week operations assessment to establish levers to turn around the company’s EBITDA margin performance: 1) dissected the company’s cost and job performance, by cleaning/reconciling raw data from disjointed staffing and ERP software systems, mapping detailed general ledger costs to jobs, and creating job profitability profiles; 2) redesigned sales and recruiting commission structure for a 25% improvement in EBITDA; and 3) developed robust KPI-based reports required for managing cost and profitability moving forward.Show Details
Cost Reduction In Post-sales Service Operations While Ensuring Stellar Customer Service at Residential Exterior Building Products Company
Built a robust fact base of field service spend and cost drivers, interviewed customers to understand their decision-making criteria, compared BuildCo's field service performance vs. competitors, benchmarked other Building Products companies, and built a simulation model to quantify cost impact of various scenarios. Recommended field service model expected to reduce cost by 26.5% (more than double management's ingoing estimate) and improve customer value proposition.Show Details
Generating top-line Growth Through Improved Customer Service at Leading Mortgage Lender
Developed customer acquisition and retention strategy utilizing tiered service delivery mapped to relationship type, profitability, and degree of value added across mortgage products. Created a methodology for linking customer information from several separate databases and maintaining accurate and actionable customer profiles.